Monthly Artist-Led Masterclass Workshop and Exhibition
- The 2nd Saturday of every month
- Capturing imaginations and inspiring lifestyles
- Shouting about the fantastic wealth of talent in the Morecambe Bay Area; putting local artists in the spotlight
- Providing regular FREE access for all ages and abilities to a diverse range of art and creative disciplines
- Bringing people together and building community through art
Our Second Saturday programme has evolved over the course of The Exchange's journey so far; by the community, for the community. From our first ever artist-led workshop in paper-cutting by James Attwood to cyanotype photography by Mark Aston; developing on from the success of such workshops in terms of interest in exhibitions and workshop opportunities, we have built this into our core, regular offer under the Second Saturday identity.
Second Saturday artist facilitators are invited to exhibit and sell their artwork in a showcase exhibition and also via our online shop accompanying the masterclass workshop. This is done so under The Exchange principle born from day one, where the artist will sell their work commission free receiving 100% of sales in store in exchange for delivering the workshop for people to attend for free.
Want to be our artist of the month?
Time to shine? Have you got something to share? We really do believe that art can change the world. Enriching lives and making our town an even better place to live. Interested in leading a masterclass and exhibiting your work? We'd love to hear from you. Get in touch today :)